7-11 is Where You Can Buy Games With a Slurpee

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

taiso

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
i can see them getting ripped of pretty badly though. considering all kinds of people go into a convenience store and there's usually only one employee, a group of high schoolers can just bum rush them and walk out with a few games in their bags.

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
[citation][nom]taiso[/nom]i can see them getting ripped of pretty badly though. considering all kinds of people go into a convenience store and there's usually only one employee, a group of high schoolers can just bum rush them and walk out with a few games in their bags.[/citation]

The games at all the 7 elevens I've been to, are usually behind the counter. So good luck to them trying to get behind or jumping over it. I've seen them sell games there for quite some time now, usually new hit titles. Its more closer then gamestop for me, but i still buy all my games at Gamestop. For a good reason, i know the people very well at gamestop. If i got a problem with a game or i don't like it i can return it. Whats the return policy with 7 eleven? Obviously I'm not talking about new games particularly, but if there selling games for $20 or below are they used or new. I still don't see 7 eleven as a great place to buy games unless i missed the closing time at gamestop and i just got to have the game, then just maybe like 1% chance of me buying it there.

MasterCorban

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2010
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]I can't wait for this to hit an episode of The Simpsons and video games are being sold at the Kwik-E-Mart.[/citation]
I'm sorry-what!? What is SO exciting about that?! Are you literally stuck in a cave with only one episode of the Simpsons on repeat?
I thought my life was a little monotonous but Jesus F. Christ man, get some help!

meat81

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
.HundredIslandsBoy 04/23/2010 6:36 AM Hide Insert quote.
--4+ .Will the clerk be able to analyze my system specs and tell me if it can play Crysis?

you were really reaching on this one...

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
I remember when we used to be able to PLAY standup-coin video games at 7-11s... many had their own "arcade" room. Us kids would come in, play and of course stick around drinking and eating. Nowadays, in and out... :)

What about Stop N' Go?

pojih

Distinguished
May 21, 2009
[citation][nom]Belardo[/nom]I remember when we used to be able to PLAY standup-coin video games at 7-11s... many had their own "arcade" room. Us kids would come in, play and of course stick around drinking and eating. Nowadays, in and out... What about Stop N' Go?[/citation]

its nice to feel young... even if its every once in a while =P

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Mmmm, slurpee... I'll have to grab one for lunch (there are about 4 7-11s within a 5 minute walk from my work). If they have decent games and not just terrible stuff that I've never heard of, I might pick one up as an impulse buy. I could see getting drunken munchies with friends getting a little more expensive.

jgiron

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
They should have the RedBox or GameBox at the pumps so you don't have to walk to far from your car to get the game.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
@MDillenbeck

Taken from the book "Eats, Shoots, and Leaves"
A panda walks into a café. He orders a sandwich, eats it, then draws a gun and proceeds to fire it at the other patrons.

'Why?' asks the confused, surviving waiter amidst the carnage, as the panda makes towards the exit. The panda produces a badly punctuated wildlife manual and tosses it over his shoulder.

'Well, I'm a panda,' he says, at the door. 'Look it up.'

The waiter turns to the relevant entry in the manual and, sure enough, finds an explanation. 'Panda. Large black-and-white bear-like mammal, native to China. Eats, shoots, and leaves.'

Status
Not open for further replies.