7 foods you should never cook on a grill

Apr 23, 2023
I just cooked the best porkchop (1" thick bone in chop) I have ever eaten on the grill last night. Dry brined with salt in the fridge for 3-4 hrs. Used the reverse sear method. Cooked at 200 egress until internal temp reached 125, then seared each side for 90 seconds on gas searing station at between 600-700 degrees. Final resting temp was 150. Was the juiciest tastiest pork chop I have ever had. I not sorry to say that the author of this article could not be more wrong about pork chops on the grill.

Apr 23, 2023
This article is written by a novice for the novice griller.
These items can all be grilled to deliciousness if you have the knowledge.
The title should be items for experienced grills only.

Reactions: YankeeRedneck
Apr 23, 2023
These foods, like anything else, I guess can be messed up on a grill. By someone who doesn't know about grilling. I have been grilling, smoking, and cooking virtually anything that can be cooked, outdoors with live fire for 30 years. It's the only way I like to cook. Trust me when I tell you, anything can be grilled. Anything. And everything is better cooked outdoors. Everything. I don't know about tofu. Someone else will have to enlighten me on that. I don't mess with that sort of stuff.

Apr 23, 2023
You can't cook pork chops on the grill, but here are the instructions to cook the in a cast iron, which is the same method as the grill...grr!

Apr 23, 2023
You can't cook pork chops on the grill, but here are the instructions to cook the in a cast iron, which is the same method as the grill...grr!
And as for peeled shrimp, skewer them, give them a coating of butter and garlic, a little flash sear after the main protein is done cooking and doing its 5 minutes rest. Yum!

Apr 23, 2023
And as for peeled shrimp, skewer them, give them a coating of butter and garlic, a little flash sear after the main protein is done cooking and doing its 5 minutes rest. Yum!
I like to put them in a tin, melt a stick of butter, pour it over the shrimp, shake my spices in, then put the tin in the grill, and cook them for 4 min, flipping the shrimp after 2 min.