7 Reasons I Won't Buy a Galaxy Note 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

LynneB

Commendable
Aug 4, 2016
Your list of reasons not to buy the Note 7 are absolutely correct -- for YOU. Just don't assume they apply to everybody and that folks like me who ARE planning on upgrading to the Note 7 are gullable fools. I've used the Note 5 for almost a year and have found the S-Pen to be crucial to my productivity. There are so many uses for the stylus beyond writing quick notes on the screen (which I do almost daily as well). I've never had a need to use my phone as a projector, so I'm not interested in that type of expandability, but I AM really looking forward to expanding the storage with the Micro-SD. Finally, I can carry ALL my eBooks, audio books, and music with me on a single device! Is the Note 7 for everybody? Of course not! Good luck with your next phone. I know what mine will be.

TheGadgetGuyJai

Commendable
Aug 4, 2016
How can I respect the opinion of someone using a Note 3 in 2016 as their main decice. You obviously are waiting for a phone that can fly.

JBarg42

Commendable
Aug 4, 2016
Do you want a phone that doubles as an extra set of hands that will wipe your ass for you as well? C'mon already! The Note 7 is an amazing phone! I'd have purchased one for myself if I didn't get the S7 Edge. Which is also an amazing phone. My advice to you would be to stop waiting for what's coming next and get what's available now. There will always be a new phone coming out that will have new features and out perform the one you end up purchasing.

Gaymer313

Honorable
Aug 4, 2016
I'm not really sure what your are talking about. How can you say there's not much of an upgrade when nearly everything is a major upgrade?

Here's a Note 3 vs S7 comparison chart. The Note 7 shares most of the guts as the S7. There's two important distinctions that come to mind of the many.

The HDR display. That's a ridiculously awesome upgrade. And UFC 2.0 memory in the newer notes. Blazing fast read/write speeds.

Trust me, you might miss the pen more than you think. I went from the Note 5 to the S7 and while it's amazing device, I always find myself reaching for the pen so I'm going back to the Note.

Did you even read anything about the Note 7 before you wrote this? At any rate, your choice. Lose out if you want.

Here's the comparison.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S7-edge,Samsung-Galaxy-Note-3/phones/9818,7984

Marsha_5

Commendable
Aug 4, 2016
Well said LYNNEB, I couldn't have say it better. I too am carrying Note 5 for a year and now I am ready to dive in for a Note 7, of course Note 7 may not be suit for everyone, but this list of 7 reason not to buy the Note 7 does not apply to me at all. How can you even compare your Note 3 vs Note 7 not worth of an upgrade? Good luck on your next dream phone, I am planning on preorder my Note 7 tomorrow. Can't wait put all my books and music all in one device!

BobDad

Commendable
Aug 5, 2016
Features are BULLSHIT! Benefits are all that matter. The new Samsung Galaxy Note 7 has one new benefit: an Iris Scanner (maybe it's just a useless feature)... but it does have deficiencies over my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Edge: 1) No removable battery, and 2) No Edge software... And several DEAL BREAKER deficiencies: 3) Not the latest processor (821 or 823), 4) Not the latest operating system (Android 7.0.1 Nugat), 5) Small RAM memory, 6) Not the latest fast memory card compatibility, 7) Didn't put the power button and USBc connector on the top. As you can see, there is very little to justify spending a thousand dollars for very little benefits... Mostly just cosmetic crApple Klones marketing hoopla! Samsung has lost sight of VALUE and BENEFITS, and is relying on marketing hype... Which will probably be successful with new buyers... But, when I can't see any reason for two years in a row to upgrade my phone, Samsung clearly is beginning a downward spiral into oblivion, just like Blackberry, Nokia, Microsoft, Palm, HTC and others. IP68 will reduce microphone and speaker quality... Like it does on the Samsung Gear S2 watches... Making the phone worthless... The price of the previous phone is relevant and needs to be added to all the costs of the new phone, if the newer phones don't provide sufficient benefits to justify their additional costs... Rich people don't get rich by being stupid...

G

Dude. You need a new job.
First, if you can't afford the payments of the new phone, that's not the phone's fault and if you think you were saving money under those "contracts"...I don't have time to explain.
Secondly, 30 months between phones? Again, shouldn't be working for Tom's guide, I know a hobo that at least gets every "s" model iPhone. I understand that this reflects your opinion, but you work for a TECH hardware enthusiast company. that's like saying, oh I don't see the benefit in more Tflops, my 1gb GPU does just fine, oh and dual core still counts as multi core.... yet, here you are playing VR games like it's just another TV but close to your face.

Embrace the gorilla glass 5. Please don't ask for fatless bacon, it will never come.
Embrace the design and engineering taken place to make the glass and metal come together
Embrace the new "TouchWiz" overhaul
Embrace the solid attempt for an iris scanner
Embrace the USB C movement

There real people behind those efforts that would appreciate the love. I know I would

Gaymer313

Honorable
Aug 4, 2016

Wow, those are some pretty specific grudges. I don't think most people care about most of that stuff.

I have the S7 and while the speakers are not boomsound quality, they work really well and are waterproof. The Edge feature can be disabled if you don't like it.

No removable battery? That's where things are headed so you better get used to the idea. I have both the Note 5 and S7 Edge and both very stellar battery life so. Anyway, you very the gist.

RL4212312312

Commendable
Aug 5, 2016
I went into sprint today and tried to get the Note 7 on contract and with their $25 subsdized fee the phone came out to be like $1000 over 2 years $25*24 payments +$350 up front, the other option is pay the phone over 2 years with no contract and its still $900. I really wanted the phone with a stylus but with contract going away and premium phone going for full price it is a hard pill to swallow.

josephinelcajon

Commendable
Aug 10, 2016
Are you crazy? I just lost 100% respect for Tom's Guide! Not one of his points is true to the "average" user! A Tech reviewer using a Note3 in 2016 is NOT a Tech Guy! I could easily see a Note4 as the Note5 was a BIG mistake! By the way Thank You Samsung for listening to us! I truly believe the Presale gift of a 256gb memory card was a very BIG I'm sorry for not having provided a card slot in the Note5. I will be contacting Tom's Guide about this "reviewer" And by the way I have owned every Note so far and had my preorder placed the second the Note7 was available!

maymod

Commendable
Jun 28, 2016
Well expensive yes thats about the only point i would agree but not a reason not to get one. If you got the cash then go for it.
Tango you say by then yes better phones would be out and yes most probably the end of your contract to.
Shatterproof means more weight and the design change so not everyones bothered by this.
It will get android 7 eventually so no big deal.
All in all given the choice of phone now note 7 would be the best upgrade for me.
Expansion you say i live in the UK and LG G5 flopped it shows people would want everything in a phone then spend more money on add ons. Projector you say this makes me laugh why would you want that even a projector costs less than the add on and its not like you going to project something when your out and about let alone carry the add ons.

Status
Not open for further replies.