7 Tech Features Nobody Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
I love it when some boardroom inspired hype bombs. Another item for this list: 3D that they've been trying to bring back every two decades since the 1950s.

joneb

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2007
Killerclick I think you don't get the sarcasm. These things are things that people didn't want but loved finally or will love. The problem is most people are not highly technical savvy so things need to be more than a great idea but be really simple to use, look cool and be convenient and so 3D will have its day when it meets these criteria as will VR, 3D printing and motion and voice control.

joneb

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2007
Sorry Killerclick the guy writing this is just a text book reader it seems. I looked at he pictures before opening my big mouth. None of these have met the criteria i posted yet. Neither did the tablet that came out years before the first Ipad until Apple found a way to meet the criteria for most people. To look at history is one thing but you must also study the psychology of people and understand the many reasons why they accept one thing over another.

joneb

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2007
Killerclick I think you don't get the sarcasm. These things are things that people didn't want but loved finally or will love. The problem is most people are not highly technical savvy so things need to be more than a great idea but be really simple to use, look cool and be convenient and so 3D will have its day when it meets these criteria as will VR, 3D printing and motion and voice control.

lorribot

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
Quadrophonic sound didn't really die it just evolved in to surround sound in Cinemas and then in to 7.1 systems seen in most home theater systems and computers. Yes it was ahead of its time but like all such Tech it never truly goes away, it just hangs around in the wings awaiting technology to be come cheap enough for it to have it's day in an updated form.

nosacredcow

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
Obviously never worked in the healthcare industry. My Lenovo tablet from 10 years ago used a fingerprint scanner. It was also linked to all of my browser passwords too.

GarethD

Honorable
Sep 22, 2013
I know of many restaurants that use fingerprint readers to allow a waiter or manager access to the system to log table orders etc. as well as many other places using it as a simple form of access control at door for low security applications...

Status
Not open for further replies.