82-inch Multitouch E-board Begs for Your Fingers

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[citation][nom]sanphire[/nom]how is this any better in a class room than existing interactive whiteboards? Apart from being more fragile and more expensive?[/citation]
How is it any better? In that it doesn't use a projector, which can be a pain in the b**t when the user is directly in front of the board.
I'm waiting for this to come out with an e-ink display. Less fragile, less power, no projector. Otherwise, the current whiteboards serve the purpose perfectly.
I can see this in boardroom meetings, though.

mikeinjbay

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
WOW! \sarcasm. 1) Cheap? - $12000. 1) Annual power consumption = lots. 3) Size = Small.

A good old-fashioned blackboard is hard to compete with - it's much bigger, easier to write on and rub out, and much bigger. What you write will be there next week and the kids won't destroy it.

I see this more as a projector replacement. Eventually the prices will come way down, but for now, being a new product, it's a hellishly expensive one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS