85-Year-Old Lands Wii Bowling Guinness Record

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
There's also a listing for the longest video games marathon on a first-person shooter, lasting 33 hours and achieved by Rustler's Gamesafe team in Newbuty, UK.
33 hours? That's it? They must have some pretty strict rules on what defines a marathon (no eating/drinking/peeing?) because I've gone longer than that. I think it was about 40 hours of Perfect Dark. We stopped to eat and for pee breaks, but nothing else that could be considered a real break from the game.

jakmove

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
How do they know he scored a perfect game on all those games? Was there video of every one? Didn't think you could have a record unless it was taped or witnessed.

scione

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
[citation][nom]Anomalyx[/nom]33 hours? That's it? They must have some pretty strict rules on what defines a marathon (no eating/drinking/peeing?) because I've gone longer than that. I think it was about 40 hours of Perfect Dark. We stopped to eat and for pee breaks, but nothing else that could be considered a real break from the game.[/citation]

I guarantee you that there are more than a few people who have beaten that, its just that 33 hours is the most that anyone has REPORTED with PROOF.

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
[citation][nom]Anomalyx[/nom]33 hours? That's it? They must have some pretty strict rules on what defines a marathon (no eating/drinking/peeing?) because I've gone longer than that. I think it was about 40 hours of Perfect Dark. We stopped to eat and for pee breaks, but nothing else that could be considered a real break from the game.[/citation]
Hehe, Perfect Dark was AWESOME. used to have marathons with that game too.

Kahless01

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
yeah to get a record you have to pay guiness $5k and have them send an official out to record your attempt and verify your claims. it used to mean something but now they have records for every single retarded thing you can imagine.

restatement3dofted

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
[citation][nom]jakmove[/nom]How do they know he scored a perfect game on all those games? Was there video of every one? Didn't think you could have a record unless it was taped or witnessed.[/citation]

It said he began recording them in 2009, which suggests that he had recorded evidence of his feat. However he did it, he managed to meet Guinness's strict standards of proof.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]Marco925[/nom]Hehe, Perfect Dark was AWESOME. used to have marathons with that game too.[/citation]
OMG PERFECT DARK WAS THE SHEEEEEETTT!!!

if only rare could create a proper game again =[ sigh, for me it's still the best fps with the best memories

gtvr

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
[citation][nom]hardcore_gamer[/nom]wow.He is lifting that ball with one hand[/citation]

Wow. Hit the gym more dude!

[citation][nom]jakmove[/nom]How do they know he scored a perfect game on all those games? Was there video of every one? Didn't think you could have a record unless it was taped or witnessed.[/citation]
If you read... "He then began recording his perfect games in April 2009."

Status
Not open for further replies.