A $400 Hairdryer With a Ferrari Engine

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Socnom

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2008
[citation][nom]aznguy0028[/nom]or you can just get 8 normal hairdryers at 50$ a pop, that'll last you 8x500 = 4000 hours for the same price as this overpriced piece of junk.[/citation]
Your math has a little fail in it. You are assuming it takes the same amount of time to dry your hair with both dryers.

When I used to have long hair (yes I'm a guy who had long hair) I hated to waste time drying my hair. I would pay more for a dryer that had me spend less time in the bathroom.

cinergy

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
[citation][nom]aznguy0028[/nom]or you can just get 8 normal hairdryers at 50$ a pop, that'll last you 8x500 = 4000 hours for the same price as this overpriced piece of junk.[/citation]

Or you could buy 1000 Mickey Mouse wristwatches from K-Mart instead of one Rolex. I guess they last about the same.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]jomofro39[/nom]At least you can recognize that fact. I ignore my limitations, hence why I can't have nice things. For very long, anyways... Were the Ferrari engineers just bored or what?[/citation]

I ignore my limitations because I like shiny toys a lot. Three phones have been through the washing machine, and that's considered a merciful death when you look at the rest of my track record.

The rule of thumb is if it's nice, it'll break, but if it's ugly/useless, I'll be stuck with it for life.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]well some people have money to waste[/citation]
No. They have money they choose to waste, instead of benefiting others (and themselves) through charitable donations, for example.

drutort

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
im sorry but am I the only one who's brain jumped over the word Ferrari and jumped to fermi

all the other words fit the bill so my brain registered fermi not Ferrari LOL

cj_online

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2008
[citation][nom]drutort[/nom]im sorry but am I the only one who's brain jumped over the word Ferrari and jumped to fermi all the other words fit the bill so my brain registered fermi not Ferrari LOL[/citation]
Yes u are ... now go jump off a balcony or something...

im kidding...

drutort

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
[citation][nom]hamthony[/nom]Can’t wait until Lexus comes out with an electric tooth brush[/citation]

i hope they come up with a breathalyser to tell u when you have bad breath and the Lexus toothbrush and special smooth mouth wash will fix it! before your date haha

sorry didnt see those features when getting my lex :p but then again the is300 wouldnt have that...

beans4you

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
reminds me i need a haircut.. been about a year almost ha ha.. good topic to bring up with my Italian hair dresser Geno

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
This blowdryer will make your face do this!
vlcsnap2010081615h14m46.png

sevyr

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2010
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Three phones have been through the washing machine, and that's considered a merciful death when you look at the rest of my track record.[/citation]

That happened to my friend and i just laughed at him cuz he always does stuff like that...and then i forgot my own phone in the washing machine D:

I'd think that's merciless xD

G

Did anyone read the specs of these thing? 6.2 and 6.4 bar. That's insane. Isn't anything over 15 PSI regulated by law because of the potential lethality of the thing (gas has the ability to penetrate the skin). 6 bar would cut skin. Anyone else think this is B.S?

theuerkorn

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
[citation][nom]im_stoopid[/nom]Did anyone read the specs of these thing? 6.2 and 6.4 bar. That's insane. Isn't anything over 15 PSI regulated by law because of the potential lethality of the thing (gas has the ability to penetrate the skin). 6 bar would cut skin. Anyone else think this is B.S?[/citation]
15 psi isn't anything to be regulated. It's a mere whiff. (relatively speaking to 1000+ psi for pressure washers, or the typically 100 psi in central air pressure systems).

Status
Not open for further replies.