A $400 Hairdryer With a Ferrari Engine

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

figgus

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]The rule of thumb is if it's nice, it'll break, but if it's ugly/useless, I'll be stuck with it for life.[/citation]

I'm ugly/useless. What are you doing later? Want to go get a cup of coffee? *wink*

sevyr

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2010
[citation][nom]thesupermedium[/nom]"Some say he needs a Ferrari engine to blowdry his helmet..."[/citation]

But all we know, is that he's called the Stig
:D

G

I'm a hairdresser and I got this dryer last week. I travel all over the world doing hair show, editorials, sessions and photo shoots! since all I really do is style and not much coloring or cutting its vital for me to have the very best tools. First, this dryer is nothing but awesome! All the places that I've been people (hairdressers) notice that it sounds totally different then whatever there using. The power this motha has is unreal, if your one of those people who turn your head upside down to blast dry your hair it will do it in a matter of minutes! Another thing that I love is that its really loud! somebody said a few days ago "gosh that this sure is loud, why did you buy that? " I said seriously? why do people buy Harley Davidson?? Because its loud!! Why do you go to watch Ozzy in concert when you could just buy the CD?? Because its Loud!! Most people hate this but I think its great. When was the last time you saw an exotic sports car and it wasn't louder than "forget about it Frieda's" Ford Festiva! Ok i'm done. 1: because it draws attention and 2: I really could care less what people are saying to my when i'm trying to do my job. Ok, so a lot of you keep crying about the price, yea it cost a lot of money but in any industry that requires you to be the very best at what you do means you have to have the best tools, straight up! 400 for a blowdryer is really not much compared to how much we spend on a pair of scissors. I guess the coolest thing about it is that it is a ferrari! people get off on experiencing nice things. One time I gave my card to this beautiful woman who at the airport who had a louis Vuitton purse. I invited her to come into my salon. she looked at me for a sec and then noticed I had some Louis Vuitton luggage, she said to " If you have Louis Vuitton luggage then I bet your pretty good at what you do, sure I'd love to come in". The point is that unless I identified to her value as a hairdresser AKA (having a nicer bag than her) she would've probably said no. Is this wrong.. Yes it is. People look at you and judge you all the time baste on your appearance or how much better they think they are than you. Its wrong but... its the world you live in so deal with it and work the system like anyone else would! My advice, just be ahead of there game, people love to celebrate greatness in others and when people ask me what makes me a better hairdresser than another, I say the fact my tools are built by Ferrari, the same people that make cars for superstars made my dryer and now you get to experience a little taste of luxury!

Status
Not open for further replies.