A/C power only

junen43

Commendable
Oct 16, 2016
Hi there can i run my Asus K52F on A/C power only i removed the battery after turning laptop off and then plugging in the A/C cord, then pressed the power on button but nothing happens. I usually only use laptop at home so battery not needed all the time. Many thanks

Solution
jsmighepa is right. While many laptops will run without a battery in, some just are set up to not work that way. The only place you could check is in the "Power Options" in "Control Panel". Go there and then click "Change plan settings" then click "Change advanced power settings". Locate the right option and see if perhaps it is turned off in there. That would be the only other option I can think of. If it can't be changed in there, then I don't think there is anything you can do about it.
Well, if it won't turn on at all with the battery in, it could be the battery needs replacing, or it could be the charger cord.

When a charger cord gets damaged, it usually will not put out enough power to both charge the battery and run the laptop. So it won't work when the battery is in and needing charging. However it will run the laptop when the battery is out.

Try testing a different charger on it and see if it will let you both charge the battery and run the laptop. If it will, then yours needs replacing.

junen43

Commendable
Oct 16, 2016

junen43

Commendable
Oct 16, 2016
Sorry if i wasn't very clear but i can charge the battery ok and turn on with battery also, what i want to know is can i use my laptop using the a/c only with the battery removed i tried this and when power button pressed laptop would not fire up. a/c cord is fine no problems charging battery i just don't want to use battery when not necessary and can use a/c only.
Thanks

jsmighepa is right. While many laptops will run without a battery in, some just are set up to not work that way. The only place you could check is in the "Power Options" in "Control Panel". Go there and then click "Change plan settings" then click "Change advanced power settings". Locate the right option and see if perhaps it is turned off in there. That would be the only other option I can think of. If it can't be changed in there, then I don't think there is anything you can do about it.

Solution