a directory app?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike653

Estimable
Jan 28, 2015
I have a big hierarchy of bookmarks in the desktop chrome and I want to be able to use and modify it on an android device. it can't be done by syncing - mobile browser does not support complex hierarchies so most of entries/subcategories are lost; tried online solutions like xmarks - does not allow alphabetical organisation, can't even move folder/entry into desired position on the list, again need desktop chrome for organising them. if I open html file in text/html viewer it is a huge unreadable list with all the subcategories expanded. is there a simple program like a text editor that would work on both laptop and android tablet (or an online solution) where I can create a directory tree with desired number of subdirectories that can be expanded and shrunk when needed? (I don't mind the inconvenience of having to populate/delete entries manually instead of doing that in the bookmarks manager of a web browser)

Commendable
Jun 29, 2016

I am not sure about an app that does exactly what you desire aulthough you could use "Excel" if you have it or alternativley "Google Sheets" to achieve something close to what you want and you can have these on both devices.

mike653

Estimable
Jan 28, 2015
I don't think it's possible to make a directory in mobile excel or Google sheets or at least I don't know how to do it. I've checked many online bookmark managers however none of them has these basic features all desktop managers have: editing, organising, importing/exporting to html; in addition some have problems with displaying, instead of an normal tree they show something unreadable.

Status
Not open for further replies.