A Guide to No Contract and Prepaid Phone Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica Prah

Estimable
Feb 11, 2015
GIV Mobile is also reasonable option for conscientious consumers and offers no-contract Unlimited plans on T-Mobile’s 4G network for as little as $20/month. Moreover, GIV Mobile donates 8% of every customer’s monthly plan amount to up to three charities of their choice including United Way Worldwide, Scholarship America and The Humane Society of the United States.

jay68

Estimable
Feb 14, 2015
Boost Mobile unlimited you are showing is out of date or incorrect. we have that and we've tried the other ones and this one is the best one and you don't have to pay $5 to go on to a hotspot it is totally free. You don't pay any extra for data use or anything like that and you don't have to buy a phone from them it can be your own phone also. So maybe this should be updated or else people will believe what they see.especially if it's not updated it's not fair for the public to read this and trust that they can believe in what they are reading.

gbgrout

Estimable
Feb 15, 2015
Summary: $5/month, $10/month, and $25/month plans with Republic Wireless -- worth checking out as well!

Details: You do mention that Republic Wireless' "plans are certainly cheap" but you don't list details. You are comparing plans that offer a large amount of 4G cell data, so that is understandable. However, it is very noteworthy, in my opinion, that for a plan that includes unlimited talk and text over cell (or wifi), and unlimited data over wifi only, you pay only $10/month! Also, unlimited talk, text, and data over wifi only (a good option to consider for those with wifi at home wishing to drop their landline), is only $5/month! Even unlimited everything (but 3G data speeds only) over cell is only $25/month! On the downside, they do use the Sprint network, which has less coverage than a few of the others such as Verizon and AT&T, so I have read.

Note: I do not work for Republic Wireless or get any benefit in any way from this recommendation. I am a happy $10/month customer using a Moto G; so far, I can highly recommend RW. And: I got my phone refurbished off eBay, for a good deal less than new from RW, and love it. I simply want readers to be aware of all the RW options. Read more reviews; "your mileage may vary"; other providers might offer similar deals.

jswepp

Estimable
Mar 20, 2015
I am a big fan of Ting. Ting uses Sprint network and has roaming onto Verizon for voice. It can also now provide service on the T-Mobile network. The phone selection is good and you can bring your own device. I used to pay Verizon over $65 per month for my smartphone plan. My bill with Ting is $20-25 per month based on actual usage, saving me almost $500 per year. Customer service is good. Overall, very pleased! This referral link gets you a $25 Ting credit: https://ting.com/

paradox432

Estimable
Mar 20, 2015
For those wishing to drop their landline; How do you get wifi at home? I have been wanting to drop my landline phone for a long time now. But being completely novice (beginner) with today's mobile devices (smartphones, tablets, etc.) I have never used. I want to buy my first big screen smartphone 5.2" and up that I an make and receive phone calls on and be able to play online games as well as check email, browse, surf, etc. So how do you get wifi at home without a landline.

SusanAl

Estimable
Jan 12, 2016
tracfone has triple minutes allowing 270 minutes for only $19.99 which also includes tons of text and data included which even rolls over every 90 days. Their byop program allows bringing in iphones to the plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.