A Piece of advise is welcome!

ambereyes

Honorable
Jul 4, 2012
Hello there,

I am looking to buy a laptop which is good in playing videos/movies HD and multitasking. Although I am not much of a gamer, but it would be good if the machine turn out good for gaming. I have choosen to buy HP Pavilion dv6-6165.

I just want to ask shall I go with the one I have selected, could anyone tell me the model I have choosen is going to fulfil my requirements.

A piece of advise is welcome.

electrontau

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010
My laptop has the same CPU and graphics card. It is ok for multitasking, no problems with HD movies. It can have low fps for some games, like Diablo 3.

Your option is missing HDMI connection. Not essential but nice to have if want to connect to a TV.

Whichever laptop you buy, it will not have recovery DVDs. Recovery info is in the hard drive. Take some time to burn the DVDs in case hard drive fails and needs to be replaced. Also to keep battery life longer, if you are using AC adapter all the time, remove the battery after it is fully charged. Charging the battery all the time will eventually kill it. It supposed to be fully charged and discharged.

electrontau

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010
My laptop has the same CPU and graphics card. It is ok for multitasking, no problems with HD movies. It can have low fps for some games, like Diablo 3.

Your option is missing HDMI connection. Not essential but nice to have if want to connect to a TV.

Whichever laptop you buy, it will not have recovery DVDs. Recovery info is in the hard drive. Take some time to burn the DVDs in case hard drive fails and needs to be replaced. Also to keep battery life longer, if you are using AC adapter all the time, remove the battery after it is fully charged. Charging the battery all the time will eventually kill it. It supposed to be fully charged and discharged.

ambereyes

Honorable
Jul 4, 2012
Thank you very much for this advice, it will certainly make things easier for me.
I really appreciate your help.

Have a good day.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 3
P Laptop Tech Support 5
D Laptop Tech Support 2
N Laptop Tech Support 1
V Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 4
D Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 1