A Simple Cracked Screen Replacement Or Was It?

G

Hello, I have a stumper for all of the laptop repair experts reading this one.

I received a Dell Inspiron 1545 with a cracked screen #B156XW01 V.2

I didn't look to see if it was a CCFL or a LCD so i ended up ordering the wrong screen for it an LCD, after i figured that one out i saw they make a LED 40pin to CCFL 30pin so i ordered and installed one.

Everything seemed to go well (no smoke or popping) but when i turned it on there was no back light, so i gave up on the thought of trying to get it done cheap.

ordered the right screen CCFL B156XW01 V.0
installed it and still no back light,I thought it was weird because it had back light the whole time even with a cracked screen, So i put the cracked screen back in it no back light.:??:

I deduced i have a bad inverter or cable i replaced both and still no back light.

Screen is dim and looks like dark flickery lines, laptop works with monitor.

Note: i have tried to up the brightness

What did i do to this poor laptop? I could really use some help on this one

Thank you for your time:)

Adamh94

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013
also you've answered your own question the original screen is a #B156XW01 V.2 that cracked but you then said you ordered a B156XW01 V.0 the version of the screen is different.

Glory2the1

Honorable
Jun 7, 2013
Thank you for your response. You bring up a good point that a don't have the same ver# screen ill see if i cant find one.

But what do you think happen somthing changed, the cracked screen though it is damaged you could still see half of the screen bright and clear now dark no back light.

I've tried both original and replacement inverter, the inverter is same model #

It gives me a place to start at now Thanks :)

Adamh94

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013
from what you've told me i say the invertor is fine when laptop screens get smashed, or damage the backlight goes. when you fit the wrong screen but near the same model it will display but dim. its not a graphics fault. get the correct screen and you should be ok