A Stranger's Youtube Playing in my Samsung Smart TV

SB_303

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016
Today I had my Samsung Smart TV on - but wasn't watching anything as I had just finished watching a dvd. The YouTube app opened itself and started playing a video. This caught my attention and when I looked at the screen, I saw "Nathan's iphone" at the top of the screen. Now, i don't know who this Nathan is but I assume he's a neighbor in my apartment building. I of course looked through my tv menu to see if his device was somehow in my device manager or connected through wifi. No sign of it. Do I need to worry about security? Or is this an issue with the youtube app? I do use my building's free wifi network.
Thanks in advance for any help!

Solution
Then your building just probably plugged a router into the network, gave themselves a big thumbs up and called it a day.
Anyone with anything resembling qualifications would have set this up with firewall rules prohibiting device-to-device communication; would not be surprised if they did not even setup a guest vlan.

As webderdarren said, if you want anything resembling security then you need to get your own secured wifi.
Ideally get your own internet service, but if you do not want to do that then you need to get an AP/bridge device like this: https://www.amazon.com/Ubiquiti-Networks-Enterprise-AP-Unifi/dp/B00HXT8R2O/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1477182913&sr=1-3&keywords=ubiquiti+access+point
Configure that to connect to your...
Then your building just probably plugged a router into the network, gave themselves a big thumbs up and called it a day.
Anyone with anything resembling qualifications would have set this up with firewall rules prohibiting device-to-device communication; would not be surprised if they did not even setup a guest vlan.

As webderdarren said, if you want anything resembling security then you need to get your own secured wifi.
Ideally get your own internet service, but if you do not want to do that then you need to get an AP/bridge device like this: https://www.amazon.com/Ubiquiti-Networks-Enterprise-AP-Unifi/dp/B00HXT8R2O/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1477182913&sr=1-3&keywords=ubiquiti+access+point
Configure that to connect to your buildings wifi, then connect it to your own router's WAN port (preferably one with 5ghz band since 2.4ghz will likely be saturated already).

Solution