A Third Employee Dies From Foxconn Explosion

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
I would ask that those who do not 'give a living censor' about the death of another human being please refrain from commenting here, or interacting with decent people altogether.

Assmar

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
The double burn with apple products is that for the price premium consumers pay for something with the apple logo, you'd really hope they could improve conditions or pay or anything for the lives of the workers who produce their products. Because Foxconn makes products for other companies, and the factory/ghettos don't also have the apple logo emblazoned across their buildings, Apple can create a cognitive dissonance between what its business practices are and how the company is perceived by their customers.

And all you proto-humans saying you do not care, please return to your caves and don't ever try to contact any homosapiens you previously knew you effing monkeys.

Partizan92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2010
horrible things happen to the hard working people.... and I hate people that don't care... because of those who don't care bad things happen

soetsout

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2011
i dont realy care, nor do i expect people from another country to care if im in such an incident. heck even from my own country. close friends and family are the people who are supposed to care in such situations, not random guy from the street.

but like any thing it could have been prevented if management were better. if management were strict on safety and actualy do inspections on a daily basis then this stuff can be prevented.

just cause a person doesnt care about people outside of his circle of people doesnt make them a "Evil" person. its just a person that doesnt see the reason why i should feel sorry for that person, i can feel sorry for the rest of my life with all the millions of people without food/houses, children without family etc....
ive just decided that no use in worrying about other people that have no connection to you whatsoever. else you gona be worrying for the rest of your life.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
It'd take about 30 seconds for this many people to starve to death in China. Around 14 minutes for this many people to be killed in car accidents. 3 is a drop in the ocean of 1.4 BILLION people that live there.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]fulle[/nom]It'd take about 30 seconds for this many people to starve to death in China. Around 14 minutes for this many people to be killed in car accidents. 3 is a drop in the ocean of 1.4 BILLION people that live there.[/citation]
If a single life is so insignificant, why don't you give up yours? Are you truly that much of a dolt not to see this?

legacy7955

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
I just can't get over the significant number of "creatures" posting here that have absolutely NO empathy for a fellow human being. There may not be anything you can do about these tragic incidents personally, BUT that you can't relate to another's grief and or pain is disturbing ! A person that lacks empathy IS defined today as a sociopath, plain and simple. But honestly I don't think these um "people" suffer from a mental illness or weakness, instead they are simply not human, and as such I guess all you can do is consider them "creatures" whom you'd do well to stay far away from.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
[citation][nom]lamorpa[/nom]If a single life is so insignificant, why don't you give up yours? Are you truly that much of a dolt not to see this?[/citation]

And if I did, you wouldn't notice. My family would be effected, but the vast majority of people out there wouldn't even know that I ever existed. For you, probably the same. I care about the people I meet in my life more so than a lot of folks... I help my family, friends, and even the occasional random person in my community, but forgive me if I don't feel like I need to extend my apathy to every last random individual on the planet. My original post was simply putting things in perspective a little.

And stop pretending you care. You won't lose sleep on this either. But, of course, my not pretending makes me an evil sociopath, isn't that right?

Assmar

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
[citation][nom]fulle[/nom] forgive me if I don't feel like I need to extend my apathy to every last random individual on the planet.[/citation]
LOL learn english. Your apathy is apparent. But the "I don't care" argument isn't sound when you people take the effort to post about how much you don't care, and take the effort to read replies about an article about which you don't care, and then post your own reply to that reply because you don't care.

The true is you do care, you care about your own little made up world where you live insulated from everyone who doesn't live within the confines of your insular bubble. Your actions also don't affect those outside your bubble, in any way shape or form. You sir, are truly special, wear a helmet.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
@assmar

Foxconn is a supplier to most well known technology companies. Sony, Microsoft, Nokia, HP, Dell, Cisco, Asus, Intel, Acer, Nintendo, and many many others. Yet, every time something goes wrong over there it's Apple who's at fault?

I'm sick of these articles. They're stretching for negative publicity for Apple, and that's the ONLY reason why they're being put up here. They're a slap in the face of the readership's intelligence. And you're truly special for thinking this event has more significance to other possible news that could have been put up here.

And this is coming from someone who doesn't like Apple as a company... at all.

And you're right, I switched empathy with apathy. There's no edit button. Oh no! You understood me just fine anyway.

opmopadop

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
omg I think some people are confusing their hate towards Apple and Foxconn with REAL PEOPLE!

Dont get upset if your in a work related accident today and someone on a news forum posts 'whatever, i dont know them so i dont care'.

You guys suck.

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
[citation][nom]fulle[/nom]And if I did, you wouldn't notice. My family would be effected, but the vast majority of people out there wouldn't even know that I ever existed. For you, probably the same. I care about the people I meet in my life more so than a lot of folks... I help my family, friends, and even the occasional random person in my community, but forgive me if I don't feel like I need to extend my apathy to every last random individual on the planet. My original post was simply putting things in perspective a little.And stop pretending you care. You won't lose sleep on this either. But, of course, my not pretending makes me an evil sociopath, isn't that right?[/citation]

But of course your an evil sociopath man. Because your supposed to read this article, and hurt deep, deep inside from the loss of a few prolly nice people, in china. And then your supposed to band together with the majority of the world, cuz they aren't sociopaths either, and then put an immediate end to this pain and suffering caused by our selfish desire for electronic goods. Yes! And of course, we must remember, as a giant group of non-sociopaths banded together for the good of humanity, completely stop all CO2 emmisions, stop drilling, blowing up, building, etc etc, because our buildings, our cars, our roads, our farms, our electricity, etc etc, is having a negative effect upon the world that our fellow future humans will one day inhabit, as well as so many birds and bunnies, and butterflies.. We need to be human!! Yeah! Lets do it! Lets all meet up in 7 days at the white house to begin this march for humanity/ending of sociopaths!

I feel bad for those who died, but my attention will be gone from that issue the second I leave this page.. And prolly won't return until/if someone adds to this thread, at which my desire/curiousity to read the ranting insanity of a bleeding heart will lure me back.

But seriously, fulle... +1 to not pretending. This bleeding heart shit is destroying this world... >.>

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Lets see how much Foxconn pays the victims' family, or how much they learn and improve the conditions for workers.

We need to hold them accountable.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
soetsout, fulle: Read legacy7955's comment over and over again. He's talking directly to you. If you don't get the message, read it again.

soky602

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
[citation][nom]soetsout[/nom]i dont realy care, nor do i expect people from another country to care if im in such an incident. heck even from my own country. close friends and family are the people who are supposed to care in such situations, not random guy from the street.but like any thing it could have been prevented if management were better. if management were strict on safety and actualy do inspections on a daily basis then this stuff can be prevented.just cause a person doesnt care about people outside of his circle of people doesnt make them a "Evil" person. its just a person that doesnt see the reason why i should feel sorry for that person, i can feel sorry for the rest of my life with all the millions of people without food/houses, children without family etc.... ive just decided that no use in worrying about other people that have no connection to you whatsoever. else you gona be worrying for the rest of your life.[/citation]

Just make sure you write that your will any that if anything that should happen to you in case of an accident or died in natural disaster all donated money from donations, government, and any companies not coming from immediate family members to not be received by your own family members or friends. I bet your family would love the bills you left for them.

okibrian

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
[citation][nom]tramit[/nom]They could have been building other tablets for other manufacturers as well, but sensationalism is best when you focus on a product that arouses the most emotion. ie. ipad 2.[/citation]
Big Apple fan are you? Can do no wrong, right? I think I get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.