A very strange virus on my computer. Please help

jc.crafter9000

Prominent
Sep 4, 2017
I don't think I have ever seen something like this ever before.

The basic issues start with the fact that my computer is slow as s##t. Now I have been meaning to do a factory reset on it for a while now but it may be too late.

The second issue is that every two hours this virus opens a tab on chrome that is either a Ragnarok arena game, a t0p.t0p or trafficmedia.co Site (both leading to a site titled 403 forbidden).

The third issue is that there is a background process opened every single time I start my computer. It has no name and traces back to an intel file in system32. It consumes a huge amount of processing power as well, up to 50% of my CPU.

The fourth issue is that this virus seems to destroy my internet. I don't know if this is just my own internet but I have a feeling this might be the virus.

The fifth and one of the more interesting issues is the fact that none of my antivirus programs work anymore. Be it Malwarebytes, Avast, or even Windows defender simply will not function after startup.

The sixth issue is that the virus appears to block certain search terms. These range from the very obvious (it blocks "how to fix trafficmedia.co virus") to the strange (it blocks "pc reset not working"). When I search one of these terms or click a site that is involved with one of these it will immediately close Chrome, Firefox, IE and even Edge.

The final issue is that it blocks the functionality of PC recovery and reset capabilities. This means that I cannot reset my computer at all.

Please help me on this. I have done literally everything I can do against the virus. Thanks.

USAFRet

Illustrious

This is when you boot from your OS install DVD or USB, and do a full wipe and reinstall.

Which OS is this?

jc.crafter9000

Prominent
Sep 4, 2017

Windows 10.