A Wrist Computer Concept That's Also Stylish

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

its the idea of the product, which in itself would be pretty cool if it could be produced.

cichy69

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2006
from the link in the article it seems that the holo2.0 is just a product design from an artist, nothing more.

G

With how fast Technology is progressing, I wonder how soon we would truly see something like this?

FlayerSlayer

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
It's a concept art of a product that doesn't exist and doesn't even have fictional specs for its proposed technology. Cool enough, but doesn't it belong more on DeviantArt than Tom's?

HalJordan

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
It is hard enough to keep people from snooping around your laptop screen on an airplane or bus. Holographic displays would be awesome, but only if you don't mind someone leaning over and propping their head on your shoulder when you are watching videos, or sending a personal e-mail to your significant other.

figgus

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
[citation][nom]Renegade_Warrior[/nom]With how fast Technology is progressing, I wonder how soon we would truly see something like this?[/citation]

Not soon at all, advances in technology won't change the laws of physics. Light will still need something to bounce off of. Remember, all out tech advances lately have pretty much been refinement. Free-form projected holographic displays aren't even around in a rudimentary form. Doing this will take some nifty tricks of physics that we haven't even begun to toy with yet.

It will happen eventually, but not in our lifetimes.

figgus

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
Also, Toms:

Please stop posting articles about stupid artsy fartsy concepts that are made by artists and not engineers. If you're going to waste the webspace and our time, at least do it with something that resembles an actual product, not some 12 year old's "Wouldn't it be cool if..." presentation.

dreamphantom_1977

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008
[citation][nom]dreamphantomsbaby[/nom]its the idea of the product, which in itself would be pretty cool if it could be produced.[/citation]
??? LOL- Nice dude - Thats my friend at work, he stole my name.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]FlayerSlayer[/nom]It's a concept art of a product that doesn't exist and doesn't even have fictional specs for its proposed technology. Cool enough, but doesn't it belong more on DeviantArt than Tom's?[/citation]Did you ever watch Dick Tracy?

Status
Not open for further replies.