Question About LG C9

Sep 12, 2019
LG C9 is mentioned as possibly the best tv 2019 in several forums including Tom’s but it does not support hdr10+. Am I completely on a wrong track thinking that the best tv should be one that supports both dolby vision and hdr10+ now that either is not de facto?

Or is the picture so great that even regular hdr looks better on LG C9 than if investing the same amount of money on a hdr10+ tv?

Just trying to figure out why Tom’s and a lot of others recommed it considering the hdr standard situation :)

Sep 12, 2019
Best TV is not just one with the most thingies and doodads. Picture quality and price are the main things.

The reviews go into pretty good detail as to why the TV gets the scores it does.

Specs for the TV show it has HDR10 support.
Hi,

Thanks for the reply but to my understanding, the competing future hdr techs are hdr10+ (the ’plus’ is important, I know regular hdr10, it’s not the same thing) and dolby vision. My concern is: if I buy a tv with dolby vision and then hdr10+ wins the standards war => I will have to throw out my dolby vision tv as it is now useless and buy hdr10+ tv.

So what to do?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply but to my understanding, the competing future hdr techs are hdr10+ (the ’plus’ is important, I know regular hdr10, it’s not the same thing) and dolby vision. My concern is: if I buy a tv with dolby vision and then hdr10+ wins the standards war => I will have to throw out my dolby vision tv as it is now useless and buy hdr10+ tv.

So what to do?

Toss a coin. TV will still display images, it won't be useless. They are adding so many things to TVs that it's silly to try to keep up with all the new stuff.