Acer 5742G leds blink while charging

fbayramli

Prominent
Jun 1, 2017
Dear All.
I replaced my laptop's battery. I have a strict problem to charge it while laptop works. When charger is connected to the laptop, leds on it starts to blink and battery is not charged. But, while laptop is in sleep mode or it is turned off, battery is charged normally and no issue is occurred. I want to mention that I can use laptop on battery, and it takes approximately 2 hours on fully charged battery.
Please help me to solve the issue.
Thanks in advance.

Solution
It sounds like your charger cord is the problem.

I say that because when the charger is functioning correctly, it puts out enough power to both run the laptop and charge the battery at the same time. However, when it isn't functioning correctly, it will only put out enough power to either run the device or charge the battery. Hence it not charging while the laptop is on and active.

Eventually it won't work at all. So, time to replace it.
It sounds like your charger cord is the problem.

I say that because when the charger is functioning correctly, it puts out enough power to both run the laptop and charge the battery at the same time. However, when it isn't functioning correctly, it will only put out enough power to either run the device or charge the battery. Hence it not charging while the laptop is on and active.

Eventually it won't work at all. So, time to replace it.

Solution

fbayramli

Prominent
Jun 1, 2017

Thanks for your reply, I will change it.

fbayramli

Prominent
Jun 1, 2017

I changed the power jack inside the laptop, then it worked