Acer 7720z

frazz28

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009
Hi i am havng problems with my new Acer laptop. When i switch the power on nothing happens. Apart from the power button illuminates. But the rest is dead, no fans come on no power noise. Any ideas what could be the problem and is there any way i can fix it on my own? I am currently on a ship and will not be onshore for another 2.5 weeks. I need my laptop to work i am cracking up. Thanks.

Upendra09

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
then it might be the power connection, i sort of had this happen. my old toshiba couldn't charge because the power connector in the case broke of from the mobo, so it had to be re soldered, If you can easily open the case then go for it, but if there are any plastic case connections you may have to send back the laptop to ACER

frazz28

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009
The battery is charging i have opened it up and looked at the connection it looks fine. Some ppl recon it maybe the motherboard is fried??

frozenlead

Distinguished
If the machine shows no signs of loose connectors or shorts, your motherboard is bad.

Still, you can troubleshoot it further by unplugging all the hardware you don't need - wireless cards, DVD drives, even the screen. Try getting it down to a bare minimum something so it'll boot.