acer aspire 4736z black screen help

jayrjr

Commendable
Feb 21, 2016
Help when I open my Acer laptop I only see the Acer logo then goes black screen after that it shows the windows startup logo then goes black again

Pls help me

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- First is to connect and external monitor and see if it will display normally.
- Next is to do a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug its AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then test it again.
- If it doesn't work do load BIOS and set its default by pressing F9.
- Next to try is to load in Safe Mode, while the laptop is booting up repeatedly press F8 until it loads Advanced Boot Options then press Enter.
- If it does load in Safe Mode run System Restore, restore it back to an earlier date or time before the problem even happened.
- If it will not load in Safe Mode your last option would be to reinstall Windows itself.

jayrjr

Commendable
Feb 21, 2016

Hi thanks for the quick reply and sorry for my late reply

I tried the first one it does load in external monitor but only if it is opend in safe mode when opened normally it still goes black.

I also tried the hard reset but it still goes black screen. I dont know how to load bios so I skipped that step

It does load in safe mode but only if used with external monitor I tried the system restore but it only offers me one option after trying the restore it still goes black screen