Acer Aspire 4750G shuts itself off - no overheating

chillxdd

Prominent
Mar 12, 2017
Hi all,

I have had an Acer Aspire 4750G laptop for about 8 years now. It's always run perfectly, but a week ago I started having issues with it.

It's a common laptop issue: It shuts off by itself after a few seconds to a few minutes.

Now, I instantly found out my fan wasn't spinning. OK, no biggie. I opened it up, cleaned up the fan, reapplied thermal paste and now temps are all normal. After doing all that, it still shuts off by itself.

I thought then that it was a software issue, so I finally moved on from Windows 7 to Windows 10. During installation it shut off a few times, but I managed to install Windows 10 and still, it's having the same issue, shutting itself off after a few seconds to a few minutes.

Now, I thought it was a hardware issue. Most of the time, I use it without the battery. So I decided to plug the battery in - then I found out that the battery does not get detected at all. It shows that no battery is found. Weirdly, though, if I remove the AC adapter and have just the battery in - it starts fine, but still displays that there is no battery connected. With both the AC adapter and the battery plugged in, it still shuts off by itself. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.