Question Acer Aspire 5535 Screen not turning on

Sep 12, 2020
So I have this really old model and I haven't used it for 5 years. When I turn the laptop on, the fan starts really loud and then goes quiet. The power button lights up and so does the other lights.
1. I've tried connecting the laptop to an external display which just caused the external display to say "check video cable". Video cable is fine since I use it for another computer.
  1. Tried taking out the battery and pressing the power button for more than 30 minutes but screen still doesn't switch on.
  2. Tried checking if both the RAMs are working by testing if each of them work separately and cleaning them, screen still doesn't switch on.
Any possible fix for this? Thanks in advance

AlHuneke

Proper
Jul 7, 2020
One thing you can try to narrow things down is to start up in the BIOS. I don't know the key for that for your machine so you will need to find this. If you can see the BIOS information, that's a reasonable check that the CPU and graphics are working. You can then see if the memory size makes sense and if it finds a HD.

Note that with UEFI (which your machine likely has instead of BIOS) it has gotten harder to get to the BIOS (actually called the UEFI firmware). Depending on UEFI security settings it may be very difficult. Good luck.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Laptop Tech Support 8
T Laptop Tech Support 2
C Laptop Tech Support 3
J Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 3
L Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 2
R Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 3
L Laptop Tech Support 1
V Laptop Tech Support 4
A Laptop Tech Support 4
B Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 7
S Laptop Tech Support 2
D Laptop Tech Support 2
Similar threads
Question Acer Aspire won’t turn on.
My screen on acer aspire one notebook is black and when i turn it on it beeps and then nothing i dont understand
My Acer Aspire e15 523 screen black when powers up. Screen turns on/off when I move it in certain ways like there's a short so
Solved! My Acer aspire E15 is turning blank after starting.it comes explore beyond limits and then the screen is turning blank. How sh
I have an acer aspire E1-531 laptop whe you turn it on you get black screen and the fan is not running
I reset my acer aspire v5-122p-0408 and now when i turn it on it shows the acer explore beyond screen but them goes shows a bl
my acer aspire v15 nitro won't turn on after i reset it. when i turn it on, it only shows the logo and that's just it.
My laptop model is acer aspire e5-522g and it has inbuilt battery ... the laptop gets turned on but the screen doesn't gets tu
I have a Acer aspire that won't turn on the blue light shows up but it isn't showing anything on the screen
Acer Aspire V won't turn on & has blinking black screen
My aspire e1-522 keyboard doesn't work untill I turn on screen keyboard in settings
ACER Aspire R11 wont turn off but screen is black
Acer Aspire E5-575 Laptop Screen Won't Turn On
My acer aspire R11 laptop when you turn it on you get a black screen then after a minute acre solving when you turn it on t
My acer aspire e15 has a black screen and won't turn on.
Ok so i have a acer aspire v5 and when i try to turn it on the screen is black and the 3rd light from the left just blinks the
Acer aspire Q5 V1 turns on with black screen fan comes on briefly and shuts off right away hard drive is working
Acer Aspire E5-575-52DA is not turning on. The blue light is on but nothing on the screen pops up.. please help me
When I turn on my laptop (acer aspire ES 11) the screen is blank but the fan is on.. so what keyboards that I have to press
Acer Aspire E14 Touch - Screen turned black but still running

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS