Acer Aspire 5750G laptop not playing any games

Declared_Insane

Estimable
Feb 22, 2015
Hi guys.

I just bought a laptop for very cheap and in excellent condition except for battery life but no games want to play on the laptop, not even older games like farcry 1 or 2. They simply load and crash or don't load at all. MMO games don't play either and that's what I actually want to play on the laptop. The chess on windows 7 plays but any games I install don't play.

I've installed the Nvidia GT540M drivers from Nvidia so it's the latest and the intel vga from acer website. I've tried disabling the intel graphic from device manager but still not working.

I want to use the laptop to play online games when my friends come over and we decide to have unplanned gaming.

SPECS
Intel® Core™ i5-2410M
4GB RAM DDR3
INTEL HD 3000 & Nvidia Geforce GT540M
500GB Hard drive

Thanks for you help!

Declared_Insane

Estimable
Feb 22, 2015

Hi, yes it's a freshly installed windows 7 ultimate 64bit, vcredist 2013 32bit and 64bit installed and direct x 9. I've also installed .net 3.5. I've also tried installing the Nvidia GT540m which is version 286 from the acer website.

So far Need for speed underground 2 plays. Need for speed rivals plays until you have to race and then crashes. I've had error messages that Intel graphic driver has crashed. So I think it's using intel graphic instead of the Nvidia. I've noticed in Nvidia control panel there's an option to select preferred gpu and it's set to auto. I'll play around with that and see what happens.

Declared_Insane

Estimable
Feb 22, 2015
Opened Nvidia control panel went to Set PhysX Configuration and set it to Geforce and Need for Speed Rivals played and Tomb Raider. Some other games I have to switch to other options. Thanks for the help guys! Off to try the MMOs, I'm sure they'll work now.