Acer Aspire 5755G charger suddenly stopped charging

May 2, 2018
So I was just playing some music on youtube as I was doing something else when all of a sudden my screen grew dimmer. I went to check it out and it started saying "Consider replacing your battery", then I noticed the "charging icon" on my charger wasn't there. I hovered my mouse over it and the information showed my charger was "unplugged" and that my battery was draining instead of charging. I haven't really moved my laptop's charger in quite a while (say a couple of months) so I'm pretty positive no physical changes have happened to it. But I've spent an hour trying to check on the charger's cables, plugs and even the fuse, the charger won't charge anymore. I've had a VERY brief moment where it worked again right after I took the fuse out and in. But when I proceeded to place my charger back into its original position (under my desk so it doesn't crowd my tabletop) and I plug it in, it went back to not working. Anyone have any ideas what the cause would be or if I need to fix it or replace it? I just really want to make sure if the problem really is the charger before I buy a new one. I don't want the new charger to arrive only to find out it won't work as well.

Solution
Try charging it while the laptop is off. Not hibernate or sleep, but off. If it will charge then, but not when on, then your charger is definitely going to need replacing. If, however, it won't charge when off or not, it is possible it isn't only the charger and could be the battery as well.
Try charging it while the laptop is off. Not hibernate or sleep, but off. If it will charge then, but not when on, then your charger is definitely going to need replacing. If, however, it won't charge when off or not, it is possible it isn't only the charger and could be the battery as well.

Solution