Acer Aspire 6530 – BIOS Problem

up2change

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014
Hello,

I have an Aspire 6530 laptop with a problem. Need to find out how to update my BIOS?

My computer turns on normally for a few seconds (screen is black – no power), shuts down for a few seconds and repeats until I physically shut it down with the power button (lights seem to be normal).

This computer was in storage for about 3-4 mouths (July – October 2013). I live in Alaska and the storage has no heat. I let it warm up for 24+ hours before I turned it on (in October) for the first time since July. Since October there has been no change on what it is doing; it starts up normally for a few seconds, shuts down for a few seconds, then it repeats until I physically shut it off with the power button and the LCD screen is black w/no power.

I need to find out how to update the BIOS on my Acer Laptop? And find the lasted BIOS, I believe it is corrupted.

I have searched the web on my problem for hours… hours…

Help me please!!!
I really like this laptop and I still want it to work!!!

Have a Great Day!
Thank you :)

Solution
Video card can be tested with any number of software applications. There are not a lot of options for testing the motherboard with software; the only application I know of that tests the board is PC Doctor. The power supply can be tested with a volt-ohm meter, but I don't think that is your problem. The screen can also be tested with software, but all the software tests for is image accuracy and bad pixels.

My first guess is that this is CPU failure. Second guess is motherboard failure.

up2change

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014

How can I test my laptop to find out what hardware is the problem??? I have tested; hdd, ram, wireless card, battery, power supply cord, and now new cmos battery (all good). How do I test video card, power supply, motherboard, and screen???

Thank you

Video card can be tested with any number of software applications. There are not a lot of options for testing the motherboard with software; the only application I know of that tests the board is PC Doctor. The power supply can be tested with a volt-ohm meter, but I don't think that is your problem. The screen can also be tested with software, but all the software tests for is image accuracy and bad pixels.

My first guess is that this is CPU failure. Second guess is motherboard failure.

Solution

up2change

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014

Thanks Prostar,
I will work on this during the weekend and see?
I hope it is a bad connection or something like that... I have the entire laptop completely tore down, except screen, which will only take about 5 minutes.

I do not know how I am going to test video card, motherboard (w/PC Doctor), and screen, cause the screen is black (no power)? You were talking about testing these with software, which tells me that I have to have the screen working or is there a different way I can test these?

Thanks and have a great weekend!!!