Acer Aspire 7 A717 thoughts.

mrpitics

Prominent
Jan 15, 2018
Hi people.

I'm doing a sort fo an extensive market research of laptops. Im looking for a fairly powerful machine with 1060 gpu preferably in the 1200$ segment. I already researched most of the laptops and concluded that from the options available in my country the dell 7577 would be best.
Then came this thing.
Acer Aspire 7 A717-71g:
CPU: I7-7700hq
GPU: gtx-1060
Ram: 8gb
Storage: 1tb hdd 128gb ssd
17" screen

It comes only with linux and no win10 compared to the dell ( dont have a win license myself) but its a bit cheaper than the dell has a better screen as far as I can tell and has more pwerfull cpu and gpu. ( dell comes with i5 and a maxq 1060)

I only found 1 review on notebookcheck and according to that its a really good machine but apart from that no reviews or forum threads. I really think that this could be a good pc but i would like to know more about it or hear some experiences before I consider this.

Any thoughts about this modell?

mrpitics

Prominent
Jan 15, 2018
Gigabyte is not sold where I live, MSI has no support presence here. If I have any problems and need to send the laptop back it would take weeks to solve it. ( they are also very expensive. For the proce of a dell or acer with 1060 i could get an msi with 1050) and asus is out of my price range ( also dont really like the look of the rogs but thats secondary )