Acer Aspire AX1700-U3700 freezes up

Status
Not open for further replies.

berge0146

Honorable
Dec 31, 2012
Hello,

I am working on a Acer Aspire AX1700-3700 Desktop and what happened was it kept freezing in normal windows but would work in safe mode. After a while it started crashing in safe mode and I started seeing BSOD, So I put in a Win 7 disc and reformated and deleted the partition and created a new partition for install. However, it keeps freezing during Operating System Installations. I've tried two seperate Win 7 discs both got to expanding files and crashed. I then tried a Windows Vista OS and it also crashed during expanding files. I then started removing components just to the bare essentials and the same thing happened. Though it might have been the RAM so I started taking out one chip booting, then just using the other chip and booting and booting them both in every combination possible and the OS install would still freeze. So then I tried just using a Live Ubuntu CD and it also crashed once making it to the startup screen. The BIOs recognizes all devices such as CD/DVD rom, RAM, Hard Drive. Could this be a RAM issues because that's what it seems like to me???????

What I'm going to try tomorrow is running the OS install or Live Ubuntu off a USB flash drive and borrowing RAM from a friend but it would be nice to just hear what someone else's opinion would be. Could it be anything other than RAM such as the onboard video making it crash or any onboard components?? The temperature is normal as well in the BIOS and isn't overheating. Please Help and Thanks in advance any opinions welcome.

Have a Great Day
Eric

berge0146

Honorable
Dec 31, 2012
Well didn't work with the USB flash drive loading up an OS with that and the RAM didn't fit in this computer, couldn't find RAM compatible. Looking like I'm going to have to buy RAM chips just don't see how two seperate 2gb DDR2 RAM chips go bad at the same time. Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

berge0146

Honorable
Dec 31, 2012
Yeah it has to be the hard drive as well especially if it freezes up running the four separate OS disks on expanding files every time. I also ran the Memtest86 boot cd and it passed three tests in a row just letting it run through the program. Then I used an Ultimate Boot CD for hard disk drive (HDD) diagnostics tool and It froze up running the scan twice. I also created multiple Ubuntu Live CDs that work in another PC but not the Acer PC it freezes up every time.

So I will try a new hard drive but if it still doesn't work is there anything else it could be?? Would a bad cable possibly cause the system to freeze up??

Status
Not open for further replies.