Solved! Acer Aspire E-15 battery issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 29, 2020
Hey, ok, so I have an Acer Aspire E-15 laptop. Recently, i've been having some battery issues. The screen goes black when the battery reaches 35-40% and the laptop goes to hibernate. Then, i click on any button or move the mouse and it comes back to life with the battery at 5%. By the way, I know how batteries work and always charge it from 40% to 80% ALWAYS!!! Regardless, i am facing this problem. I tried to calibrate the battery like this https://www.howtogeek.com/172271/ho...-battery-for-accurate-battery-life-estimates/ didn't really do much. Tried hwmonitor or some other software - it said that the battery wear was 15%. I also read online that resetting the battery by insert a paperclip in the battery reset pinhole might do the trick but I am not sure what exactly that does and if it's going to help in my case.
My question is what can I do to get the battery back to normal and should I try to reset the battery (battery reset pinhole on the bottom)?

Solution
install all drivers from the Acer homepage, especially the energy management ACPI/APM driver and chipset driver

The pinhole cuts the power completely, like removing the battery. After that the laptop should detect the battery as usual.
install all drivers from the Acer homepage, especially the energy management ACPI/APM driver and chipset driver

The pinhole cuts the power completely, like removing the battery. After that the laptop should detect the battery as usual.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.