Question Acer Aspire ES1-332 not charging

Jun 14, 2021
My acer aspire ES1-332 was low on battery so i plugged it in while using it. In a few minutes it shut down and found out it wasn't charging at all. It was the first time that it happened and now I'm so worried for my father to find out. Please help me fix it.

Is is probably a little light by where the charging cable plugs in that lights up in the unit is charging. Is this lit up when it is plugged in? If the light is not on, the first thing you can try is another charger. Perhaps you can borrow one that works with your machine. Don't plug in just anything. The plug needs to be the same size and the voltage output (charger should say) needs to be the same.

Reactions: SMWH
Jun 14, 2021
Is is probably a little light by where the charging cable plugs in that lights up in the unit is charging. Is this lit up when it is plugged in? If the light is not on, the first thing you can try is another charger. Perhaps you can borrow one that works with your machine. Don't plug in just anything. The plug needs to be the same size and the voltage output (charger should say) needs to be the same.
It light up, it even says that it's plugged in but the percent keeps going down. When the battery was critically low and it didn't turn on, I plugged it in and it was charging so I was glad but it only reached 90% and it went down again as if the charging process stopped. I tried to use up all the battery's juice hoping that it will charge up again but this time it's not working at all. I'm so worried.

You need not worry. There is nothing you could have done to caused the problem. It sounds likely the battery is bad. Best fix is to send it back to the manufacturer for repair but this is slow and expensive. You can try a local repair shop and if they are good they will fix it properly. One possible problem is that they use a cheap replacement battery. Best if they use a battery purchased from Asus. That is, assuming it is the battery that is bad and not some charging problem.

Jun 14, 2021
I had my charger checked and the person from the shop said that it doesn't have any voltage. My battery drained for two weeks already. I bought charger from an online store and tried it but the light from my laptop when charged won't turn on. Is it because of the drained battery?