Acer aspire es1 not working

Bowzer41

Commendable
Nov 8, 2016
I have an acer aspire es1-131-c5jj it will not boot up only has the Acer logo on the screen after a few seconds the screen goes blank and the Acer logo reappears. I have tried rebooting and reseting using the alt and f10 this has not worked I have also tried holding the power button and f12 this still did not work, I a at my wits end and help would be appreciated.

Note: If this problem started after an update, please make sure the laptop is not connected to the internet in any way before you use the following instructions.

Try the following...

1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
4. Repeat this process a few times until you see the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen.
5. Now you want to let the laptop boot to the "Automatic Repair" screen.
6. Click "Advanced Options" and then select "Troubleshoot".
7. Here you want to select "Refresh your PC", if you do not wish to erase data, or "Reset your PC" to erase all data and restore your system.
8. From here just follow the screen instructions until the recovery is completed.

NOTE: You will need to get into the "Advanced Options" in order to get the "Refresh Option". This choice will keep your data, but any programs installed will be lost.

Do not do a "Reset" as that will wipe all data you have on the laptop.

Bowzer41

Commendable
Nov 8, 2016
I don't have the rotating boot circle as it does not get that far it just stays on the Acer logo on the screen. the screen will then go blank and the Acer logo reappears

Bowzer41

Commendable
Nov 8, 2016

I do not have the rotating boot circle it just has the Acer logo on the screen after a few seconds the screen goes blank and the Acer logo reappears

Bowzer41

Commendable
Nov 8, 2016

There was no update done this just happened randomly the laptop won't even work off the battery has to have power supply plugged in at all times.