ACER aspire laptop screen is black and non responsive!! HELP!!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rbigic

Estimable
Apr 17, 2014
When I turn my laptop on it just says "acer" then the little loading circle underneath then one beep then the screen is black and then nothing!! I've tried alt-f10, ctrl-alt-del. making the battery go flat then starting up again. It is responding to nothing at all! Nothing new was downloaded or anything. It was on and working one minute and then when I went to use it the screen was black like it was sleeping and the. Nothing at all!! Help!!! I'm renting the laptop too so if I give it to them they will charge me a ridiculous amount of money when I know nothing has been done to it to make it like this.

Solution
Hey Rbigic I encountered the same problem with my laptop. all you need to do is hit F2, F9 and F10 and press enter. reboot it right after. i'm pretty sure that will do the trick for you. it worked for me

Cathy Yuan

Estimable
Apr 5, 2015

could you please help me, I have the same problem my acer model is aspire one ZG5

thank you

Cathy Yuan

Estimable
Apr 5, 2015

HI, could you please help me, nothing works. I took off the battery, force it power off, then power on, then F12, showed two choice for boots, no matter which I chose, still black screen- - Aspire ZG5
Thanks

eylar1234

Estimable
Apr 14, 2015

v5 v561-6823p v5we2 if you could get me bios file please

SuviSusanna

Estimable
Apr 30, 2015

Thanks. My laptop ( Acer Aspire V5-561 ) works again. Right after when i saw Acer-logo, I hit F2, F9, F10 and enter.. Then it went to bios-mode?? I selected exit -> Yes -> and laptop started.

ric0sm00th

Estimable
Jun 4, 2015
Greetings all,

I've been dealing with this same problem essentially since I got my Acer. There are two things have worked for me but first, there is NOTHING wrong with your drivers or HDD (regardless of what Acer says). I've found that it has to do with the connection between the mother board and the physical screen. I'm not a PC tech but I know enough to manage my way around hardware and this is what has worked for me:

Solution 1:

As stated by other users, perform a hard restart. Remove the battery and leave everything unplugged for a few seconds then only plug the laptop in (without battery). This has actually worked very well for me for many months however in recent times I had to do this multiple times before the video card would boot on start up.

Solution 2:

As stated above I do believe this has to do with the connection between the mother board and physical screen. Instead of opening the laptop screen to a full 90 degrees (completely upright) I leave the screen partially closed at or less than 45 degrees and press the start button.

Again, I am NOT a PC or laptop tech and this is purely anecdotal but for whatever reason this has worked very well for me. I don't want to discredit other suggestions such as checking your drivers and updating them but in my case none of that was the issue.

I hope this helps; this is a very frustrating problem and unfortunately Acer isn't very helpful.

MGSalom

Estimable
Jun 4, 2015

I'm having the same issue with acer aspire 11 e3 112 c6me-
The screen is black and non responsive after i turn on... Some ideas? Please!!

tivai

Estimable
Jun 12, 2015
Please help with my Windows 8 acer aspire it is showing the information after hitting F2
F9 and F10 but I don't understand how to reboot and other things please direct me step by step

tekop123

Estimable
Jun 14, 2015

Try removing battery and place it in again that worked for me

reibi

Estimable
Jun 25, 2015

I have an Acer Aspire E 17 E5-771-31US

None of the solutions provided here worked for me :(

XriasTiK

Estimable
Jul 14, 2015

Thanks a lot, it really helped me, but actually what I was needing it's just unplug my battery out :)

MooseWanted

Estimable
Jul 23, 2015
Thats easy:

get your file here:

NOTE!! find the exact acer model of your BIOS!!!!

http://www.acer.co.za/ac/en/ZA/content/drivers

Download the Bios Recovery fille and Extract the exe file then put it on an USB-stick.

Switch your lappy off, put the USB-stick into the slot at the left side.

press "FN" + "ESC", keep it pressed;

press "Power ON", when the power light appear,

release "FN" + "ESC"

Power LED will blink for 1/2 min. wait until stop blinking.

after that: turn it off, pull out USB-Stick;

Power ON...

Thats all tnx.

jongboon

Estimable
Jul 25, 2015
Hello, I hope you can help me. I'm experiencing the same problem but I can't do the some of the suggestions here because my battery is not removable. Here are some details of my problem:

After the Acer logo, only the black screen is showing. I can also move the cursor but nothing else is working. I plugged a monitor into the laptop and the monitor also shows the black screen with cursor. I searched for solutions online so I tried Safe Mode. I've read that pressing F8 won't work in Windows 8.1 because of the fast startup so I opted to just restart a few times until the Recovery Options appear. So I was now able to select Safe Mode (F4) but when it restarted, it still showed a black screen. But this time, there is no cursor. I plugged the monitor again but now it says "No Signal". I have restarted a few times and no Recovery Options appear.

johnjtraynor

Estimable
Jan 18, 2015
I had this problem. I
1) restarted the computer from the on/off icon on the log in screen while holding down the shift key
2) used advanced options to start in safe mode
3) deleted the display driver
4) restarted again and the screen comes out in low resolution from the generic display driver, but desktop is visible
5) downloaded and reinstalled the default display driver Intel HD 4000 but make sure it is the OEM version

After that Windows apparently caught up and everything was great.

Status
Not open for further replies.