ACER aspire laptop screen is black and non responsive!! HELP!!!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rbigic

Estimable
Apr 17, 2014
When I turn my laptop on it just says "acer" then the little loading circle underneath then one beep then the screen is black and then nothing!! I've tried alt-f10, ctrl-alt-del. making the battery go flat then starting up again. It is responding to nothing at all! Nothing new was downloaded or anything. It was on and working one minute and then when I went to use it the screen was black like it was sleeping and the. Nothing at all!! Help!!! I'm renting the laptop too so if I give it to them they will charge me a ridiculous amount of money when I know nothing has been done to it to make it like this.

Solution
Hey Rbigic I encountered the same problem with my laptop. all you need to do is hit F2, F9 and F10 and press enter. reboot it right after. i'm pretty sure that will do the trick for you. it worked for me

Michael Pullen

Estimable
Aug 18, 2015

I don't have a solution more the same problem I have an acre aspire 7540 and it powers up but no screen just blank cannot get up bios or anything any suggestions?

thebrun0

Estimable
Oct 27, 2015

thebrun0

Estimable
Oct 27, 2015
I have the same problem- black screen with white cursor and can do nothing. My computer is Acer Aspire V3 772G and i have windows 8 installed.
I can access to control panel and to different accounts but I don't know what to do.
I tried with F2,F9 and F10 and enter but it is not helping .
I tried also with F12 and shut down button , but the result is the same..

Adisa_

Estimable
Nov 15, 2015

Thank you. This worked. It took me a while to find a way to take the battery out but youtube is awesome for that too! Thank you

Alec Juma

Estimable
Nov 19, 2015

am having this problem. my name is juma and I have an aspire 5736z please help

Delpha

Estimable
Dec 22, 2015

Jami__

Estimable
Jan 1, 2016

masie129

Estimable
Jan 21, 2016
My laptop had black screen.Thank you Mouzzam Munir for your answer to this problem September 14th 2014. I left the battery in and the charger switched on and plugged in. I then pressed down the power button together with the F12 button and and waited, the laptop switched off. I waited a minute and pressed the power button and hey presto the laptop came on perfectly . Thank you so much..........A your answer is still helping in January 2016............

jim1313

Estimable
Feb 3, 2016

hello my friend i want to reprogram the bios of my laptop
the model is aspire e1-572g
can you help me please?

NOT_PROVIDED_548

Estimable
Feb 5, 2016

Becca_

Estimable
Feb 7, 2016

Becca_

Estimable
Feb 7, 2016
Ok this is not a solution I just purchased the same laptop / tablet from Costco I just updated windows 10 it was working perfectly fine now I have the black screen of death when I close it and hit the poser button my lock screen half shows up and says slide down to shut down but when I double click which would normally take me to my password it is completely black I can see the mouse but nothing else did you some how fix yours yet I Google this and this was the first thing that was simular to my problem help please I need this for school on Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.