Acer Aspire Laptop Wont Start Up

Xerock

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011
My friend's laptop is having some issues.

She has given it to me to take a look at it and try a few things, but I wanted to see what you guys thought first.

The laptop is an Acer Aspire Model No. Pew72.

When hitting the power button, the lights WILL come on and you can hear the fan spin up and you can feel the HDD (i believe) starting up, however, the screen itself stays black. I don't mean "light" black like a screen that has power and is just showing a blank black screen, I mean like the black your screen will be when your laptop is completely off. A few seconds (about 5-10) later, the laptop will just shut off.

Any ideas?

Update: After taking apart the laptop and making sure everything was connected, when I go to turn it on, the screen will light up like its supposed to but the laptop will still shut off after a few seconds. There isn't any splash screen or anything. Also, after it shuts down, it will turn the lights on the laptop on and off a couple times including the screen.

Update 2: It came on and starting booting up for a moment, but it then shut itself back off.

Solution
Okay actually the model keeps cross reference as Acer Aspire 5336-2524. Anyway as I doubt this is under warrenty, it sounds like the Power or Motherboard is failing and well, it be cheaper to just get a new computer ($300) then trying to pay for parts and tech work on it.
Okay actually the model keeps cross reference as Acer Aspire 5336-2524. Anyway as I doubt this is under warrenty, it sounds like the Power or Motherboard is failing and well, it be cheaper to just get a new computer ($300) then trying to pay for parts and tech work on it.

Solution