Acer Aspire one battery will not fully charge

swasti

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2011
dear sir,
my acer aspire 5251 battary is not charging more than 11%. plz give me the solution.
Thanks and Reagards
swasti sourav samal

bjhanse2

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
I would disagree with Pyree. There are two classes of battery problem - the battery won't charge, and the battery won't HOLD a charge. If a battery says it is charged fully, then dies within a few minutes of you unplugging your laptop, the battery is dead and you need to buy a new battery (as Pyree said).

However, it sounds like you are having the same issue I had. The battery is fine, but it won't charge past a certain percentage (and that percentage keeps getting lower). That is actually a software issue, where it 'intelligently' stops trickle charging so that it doesn't burn out the battery - but obviously that isn't working right. Do your system updates with Windows, and go to Acer for software updates/patches - that usually does the trick. But hold off on buying a new battery - save yourself the $50 before going down that path, you probably won't need it.

....then again, if the new battery trick works, post back and let us know.

Kazuhiko Alex

Honorable
Sep 26, 2013

Hi bjhanse2, I have exactly the same problem right now as you have mentioned at your post, my battery are getting lower from time to time and i couldn't found the solution to solve such problem, previously my adapter spoiled and i have replaced a new 1, after that my battery won't fully charged and the percentage are getting lower and lower. Maybe it could be the software issues as you have mentioned earlier? may i know how to solve the software issues ?