acer aspire one coffe problem

MonsterAlert

Estimable
Nov 4, 2014
my son split coffee on my laptop a few months ago, well i put it in rice and let it sit for a day or so but didnt work. then i messed around with the power button and it came on but now it acts like it wants to to turn on but doesn't sometimes I can get it to turn on. What should I do? Amy~

Solution
Rice is not a magical product that saves water damaged electronics. Stories of failure far outnumber the successes. Depending on what's been damaged, you could simply replace the part, but at some point it becomes cheaper to just replace the entire laptop.
Rice is not a magical product that saves water damaged electronics. Stories of failure far outnumber the successes. Depending on what's been damaged, you could simply replace the part, but at some point it becomes cheaper to just replace the entire laptop.

Solution

delaro

Distinguished
You will need to take it apart and clean out the "Sticky" from buttons, ribbon cable connections and motherboard in general. Not a fun process and takes about a hour then partially reassemble and do a power on test. It is very possible not permanent damage was done.