Acer Aspire One d250 keyboard not working not even in BIOS !! Need Help !! :(

Ahmad_52

Commendable
May 24, 2016
It was just working perfectly one day ago but when I turned it on today it is not working at all...Iam unable to use it in BIOS...Even I cannot go in the Bios or press f2 or f12 or go into safe mode by pressing f8...Co not even one key is working...I talked to acer support agent and he is saying that it is a Bios issue and is not related to hardware and is asking for $60 to get it solved by their technician..I cant pay them because I dnt have a credit card and also it a big amount ._. and iam not taking my notebook to a local repair shop because there is a risk that they can damage it..!! So please help me :( The model of my Acer Notebook is 'Acer Aspire One d250' !!

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to uninstall/reinstall the keyboard driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the keyboard driver.
- Reboot the laptop once the driver has been uninstalled and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
- Do test it again after the reboot and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- Next is to connect an external USB keyboard and see if it will work normally or not.
- If the USB keyboard will work normally that could only mean that the problem is with the keyboard itself.
- Last step would be to check the ribbon cable that connects the keyboard to the motherboard.
- If it will still not work, I would suggest replacing the keyboard itself.

Ahmad_52

Commendable
May 24, 2016