Acer Aspire sw5-111

Swagrid

Estimable
Aug 6, 2015
Hello Guys,

I have laptop that I no longer use anymore and I am wanting to give it to a family member as I have a newer laptop that meets my requirements. The laptop is a Acer Aspire sw5-111.

The laptop was pretty good for what it was, nothing special but it was cheap. The big issue I had with it was that the hard drive is 32GB!! This means the OS takes up a lot of it and I can't have too many programs and files before it is close to being full. Is there anyway of improving the space? Looking at the model I have researched a bit and I found it has a microSD port I believe, if I got a microSD would this then give me a second drive where I can save my files on??

Thanks,
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-11-6-Inch-Convertible-Notebook-Windows/dp/B00P2GDLNU

Solution

Yes any micro sd card should work. Get a class 10 one to get the best speed or one of the "ultra" or "extreme" models.

misteriosly

Estimable
Jun 1, 2015
There should be more symbols behind this sw5-111, check them and tell us which one of all it is, because with the incomplete product code there are like 20 models of the same product.
Some of the models can have 500gb HDD, depending which one is yours, you may buy a hdd.

The way i see it you have 2in1 model, where you have a separate keyboard.
Hdd can be plugged in the keyboard i guess.

Swagrid

Estimable
Aug 6, 2015

I have had a look around I can't find anything. What I can tell you this is the specs:
Intel Atom CPU z3745 1.33Ghz
2GB RAM
32GB Hard drive
Windows 8

Sorry thats all I can find.

Cheers,

Swagrid

Estimable
Aug 6, 2015

Nice one. I am not going to bother upgrading the current hard drive as I won't be investing much time into it anymore as I giving it away. So just any MicroSD would do fine?

Cheers,

Yes any micro sd card should work. Get a class 10 one to get the best speed or one of the "ultra" or "extreme" models.

Solution

Swagrid

Estimable
Aug 6, 2015

Thanks again.