Acer Aspire V15 Nitro Poor wireless

occupypeace

Estimable
Dec 30, 2015
I have an Acer Aspire V 15 Nitro black edition laptop (i7 6700hq). It is just 3 weeks old. Powerful laptop but I have severe issues with wireless. I guess many who bought this laptop are having this problem. The moment I move out of the room where I keep my wireless modem, the signal keeps dropping or the connection becomes terrible. Is there a fix for this issue or is it an hardware issue? if it is an hardware issue, then I will have to return this laptop because I have bought this for using at work and I cannot always sit close to a modem! I am reading all sorts of solutions on various forums but there are many who say they have not managed to fix this issue. Is it a hardware problem which cannot be fixed?

Besides in general the internet speed is pretty bad on this laptop. If I need to surf for longer period I use my older laptop! It is not a cheap machine so i am quite surprised something as basic as wireless is not working properly.

Please help

Solution
it depends on the eng skills and feedback before a product goes live to get all those bugs out. with laptops the ones with good range the vendor use a metal strip and connect the wifi card ant to it. the laptops with bad range have wifi card on the bottom with small one or two inches of wifi ant leads. or they use a very cheap 3 party wifi card. i would see if you can find the chipset vendor of the wifi card and try to see if there driver newer then laptop vendor. also make sure the wifi card is seated. two workarounds see if better intel or other chipset wifi card will work better. or pick up a high powered usb wifi stick.
it depends on the eng skills and feedback before a product goes live to get all those bugs out. with laptops the ones with good range the vendor use a metal strip and connect the wifi card ant to it. the laptops with bad range have wifi card on the bottom with small one or two inches of wifi ant leads. or they use a very cheap 3 party wifi card. i would see if you can find the chipset vendor of the wifi card and try to see if there driver newer then laptop vendor. also make sure the wifi card is seated. two workarounds see if better intel or other chipset wifi card will work better. or pick up a high powered usb wifi stick.

Solution