acer aspire v5-572p 4429 laptop hard drive stopped working

tuner1129

Estimable
Feb 2, 2015
Need help, my laptop hard drive just stopped working after I dropped it. I bought a new hard drive but how do I restore windows since I have no restore CDs? When I bought it it didn't bring any CDs to restore, I really don't want to buy a new laptop can anyone help me restore my laptop? It's a acer aspire v5-572p 4429 thank you ahead.

Solution
You didn't mention anywhere in your first post that your laptop has no optical drive.
You said "When I bought it it didn't bring any CDs to restore". So I naturally thought it had an optical drive.

If you'd said "no optical drive" in your first post my response would have been completely different taking that in to account.

Okay, so I was wrong about backing up your files. You are very much the exception in that regard. My bad.
I didn't use the word "idiot", or any of it's synonyms, you did.
Don't buy a laptop without a CD drive in future.
I'm almost certain Acer laptops have a utility for you to make a set of recovery discs yourself in case of hard drive failure and you are supposed to make a set as soon as possible after buying it. Or you could have created a hard drive image and saved it to an external hard drive for future use. Alas, too late for that now since you obviously didn't bother to do either of those things.

I bet you didn't save your files anywhere else either so you've lost those too?

So you'll have to contact Acer and ask if they can supply you with recovery media for that model. It won't be free but neither will it cost much, and it's your only option anyway.

tuner1129

Estimable
Feb 2, 2015
Wow, I asked for help not criticism. Thank you for assuming I'm an idiot since I didn't do the first 2 thing when I bought this computer. To answer your last question yes, my files were all backed up. I TRIED calling them and there recovery are CDs which since you know it all this version has no CDs drive which is useless unless I buy a external drive. I came here for help, instead I got a big insult. Thanks

You didn't mention anywhere in your first post that your laptop has no optical drive.
You said "When I bought it it didn't bring any CDs to restore". So I naturally thought it had an optical drive.

If you'd said "no optical drive" in your first post my response would have been completely different taking that in to account.

Okay, so I was wrong about backing up your files. You are very much the exception in that regard. My bad.
I didn't use the word "idiot", or any of it's synonyms, you did.
Don't buy a laptop without a CD drive in future.

Solution