Solved! Acer E5 576G Not properly charging

Nov 20, 2018
Hello everyone!

This laptop is fairly new (Bought new in late June) and I've had a few problems with it for about two weeks now. I'm not sure if this is a problem with the battery or the Charger (Not sure how to really test this without voiding the warranty, and yes, I will send it in to have Acer take a look at it soon), but it randomly stopped charging one day and it'd either display nothing, make the battery LED blink orange, or show "Critical Low Battery" and then turn off again. I went to a PC Repair shop (which basically just kinda scammed me, but I'm not gonna rant about it), got it back and it worked for about a day before dying again. I waited a few days, tried resetting the battery a bunch of times and eventually it randomly booted again, then turned off immediately, and a few hours later actually turned on again.

I'm writing this a few hours after those events as it, again, isn't charging. What could this be? Is it a charger problem? Is the battery malfunctioning? What even.

If anyone has had this issue or a similar one and knows a fix, let me know. I'm just gonna send it in to Acer as the 1-year Warranty is still in effect.

Exact model is the Acer E5-576G-5762

Thanks for any replies in advance!

Solution
I would contact Acer. Anything you can do on your own would likely involve opening it up, which would probably void your warranty. So better to have them fix it. :)