Acer V5 532G Problem Starting Up, stuck on black screen with mouse cursor

mrtokki

Estimable
Jun 13, 2015
Hi, I'll try and explain my situation as best as possible.

I got this laptop back in winter 2013 and did not have problems until lately. I started seeing problems when i start it back up from sleep and the processes would go so slow, so like if i double clikced a file or tried to close a window, the laptop would just freeze up and be so slow not responding to anything. i can still move my mouse fine but my keyboard functions ctrl alt delete and others would do nothing. I couldnt turn off my laptop unless i held the power button.

This started happening as soon as I turned on my laptop within 5 minnutes of starting up it started this slowing down/freezing. so one time I was able to do a scan on system files and hard drive. thehard drive came out with no problems but the system files said there were some corrupted but unable to fix.

So i did a factory reset on the laptop and reset it back, using the windows 8 function, it let me reset the whole laptop and wipe everything. things after that were ok, the hard drive still showed no problems and it said that it was able to fi the corrupted files and im free of corrupted system files. Now the next day i starte dit back up, everything seemed fine but i restarted my laptop bc it didnt recognize the monitor audio output, when i tried restarting my laptop just started entering a loop. it would have the regular start up screen with acer, but then hit a blue screen and say pc failed to start up and collect some info, then go to the previous start up screen but say trying to do automatic repairs, then after that it will get stuck on a black screen. later showing only my mouse cursor.

Any help on how to fix this would be great.

Update: after i left it there like an hour the screen changed and saying repairing disk errors and taking over an hour. i'll see what happens and update.

Update 2: I left it there for another couple of hours as I was out of the house and come home to find it functioning just fine. Nope it's malfucntioning again and freezing.

smarthelp

Estimable
Jun 9, 2015
First, you should disassemble the computer and recognize if there is no mechanical problems. Slow work may be due to contamination with dust. It causes PC heating, which can cause damaging to its components.

mrtokki

Estimable
Jun 13, 2015

I clean it often with the air cans, ive checked the hardware and nothing seems to be wrong with it.

Also, i left it on for a couple hours while i was out, while it was on the black screen i mentioned, and i come home to find it functioning just fine...i have no idea what is going on.