Acer's New Iconia Tab A200 Packs Tegra 2, ICS Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

With Tegra 2 they better be going after the $199 market.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
When is Tom's going to bring us news about the Samsung Windows 7 tablet?

I saw it today in JB Hi-Fi. $1500 for a 10-touch screen, 10.1" screen, i5 1.6GHz and sadly crappy intel integrated graphics.

G

There doesn't seem to be much in the way of progress spec wise with this tablet. Hopefully progress has been made on reducing the pricing, increasing android's potential market share.

-Chris
www.talkingabouttech.com

G

This is just a cheap mutilated version of their current A500 tablet. Unlike the A500, this
A200 doesn't have a rear camera with LED flash and it has only 8gb internal memory. A200 also lacks the durable and sleek brushed aluminum body.

masterofevil22

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
I gotta say.. I didn't think much of the "hype" on tegra 2 becuase, well..I'm a benchmark whore; but i just picked up an acer a100 and it kicks ass (189 best buy black friday:) and I got my old man an asus transformer and it soo kicks ass. granted they are "only" dual core tablets, but I'm really impressed with how snappy everything is and how great the functionality is overall. I'm loving it. I just hope they'll let me get my Ice Cream Sandwich on :D and it's looking like the hardware will obviously run it, which is pretty sweet.

erinc

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Heh, so they just made a nicer looking version of their existing Tegra 2 tablet. This isn't going to be of any use against the transformer 2, xoom 2 etc. Makes you wonder what they've been doing since they finished on the last one. Maybe they will have a Tegra 3 based tab coming too?

Status
Not open for further replies.