Activision: Other Publishers Playing Catch-Up

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spikey_monkey

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009
[citation][nom]MartinusV2[/nom]Or is he the third antichrist Nostradamus warned us about?[/citation]

His picture does look like it was taken in hell...

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
they have blizzard... and modern warfare. thier cash cow is WoW which will keep alot of loyal fans and subscribers for quite some time. then you have starcraft 2 which will have a huge following for years intenationally and th enext 2 instalment are guarunteed sellers...

then you have the activition ips ... tony hawk stopped being fun after the 3rd installment, guitar hero which no thanks i have a real guitar and most people own one or two installments but don't have them all cause its all about the same. then theres modern warfare 2 with it slack of dedicated servers and nonloyal fans, it pretty much stole alot of halo fans who will gladly leave to the next fps franchise.

its sad that blizzard is now attached to this leech of a company but it was thier move to make and as long as they keep making top quality games i'll buy them but anythign else from activition doesn't go on my hard drive

flaminggerbil

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
Oh look, Activision is blowing it's own trumpet again.

Every time there's a small break in news about one of their products, "HEY GUYS LOOK AT US, WE'RE THE BEST". Pathetic.

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
I think NCSoft, SOE, and BioWare are stiff competition just to name a few.

They have some serious contenders coming out next year that will cut Activision's profits.

squidrott

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2008
I wonder how much of this was taken out of context. I mean his quote says that Facebook is a competitor in some respects; Tom's added the word "only" in the prior paragraph...and I can't see the linked-to full story...cause work has it blocked (wtf)...

I don't like Kotick, but I don't hate him either...I dislike Activision. Regardless, journalism is getting bad at making things sound worse for the sake of a column...

I stumbled across this link while googling this story:
http://oneofswords.com/2010/08/bobby-kotick-those-infamous-comments/
Just an interesting/different read on Kotick, and the difference in what he says and what we end up hearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.