Add hdmi input port to desktop

kimoleary3

Estimable
Jan 25, 2016
i don't know if my comp pavilion eleite e9300z has an HDMI input port. I can't get to the back of my comp without unplugging everything as the cords are all tight. I am trying to figure out if I can use an Amazon firestick on my comp. I would like to use it and also back up the one we have. If it doesn't what to I need to buy to be able to do this? Thanks so much for any help you can offer

Solution
I could be wrong, but I think that in this scenario, you don't need to get to the back of your computer. The Amazon Fire Stick doesn't connect to computers, it connects to displays. In theory, you would want to connect it to your computer monitor, not your actual computer. From there, you should change the input settings on your monitor, much in the way that you would with a TV, so that it will display whatever input the Fire Stick is plugged into.

kimoleary3

Estimable
Jan 25, 2016
I am confused I guess. I want to be able to back up the files on a Jailbroken amazon firestickwith Kodi and then restore them on a unbroken firestick so that it has the same set up and the first one. I did find out that my comp doesn't have a port that I can put the firestick in to be able to read it and use abfire to back up the old and put the files on a new unbroken stick so that I will have the kodi and the set up that is one the first one. I thought I just needed some kind of device or just a wire with a port to plug the stick in. I never thought about looking at my monitor at all. I have given up watching the stick on my comp, I will use the new stick on my tv downstairs, witch actually make more sense as I would want to still access the comp while watching movies. I did check my monitor and it also doesn't have an hdmi port. I just have a DVI Input, D-Sub port back there.

You can't do that with HDMI anyway, if anything you'd have to connect the USB connection on the Fire Stick to the computer which you can do anyhow.

Solution