Solved! Added 1 TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD beside 256 GBM.2 NVMe SATA SSD Optane. Should I move the OS ? Create spanned drive?

rockalittle

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2010
Acer Nitro an515-54-54W2 16 GB ram after upgrade.
Added 1 TB NVMe PCIe SSD drive alongside 256 GB M.2 NVMe Sata (Optane) SSD. Should I move the OS to the larger drive without Optane? Should I create one spanned volume? Would that disable (optane?) Does it matter? Advice needed please.

Solution
you dont need to move your OS to larger drive except you need more speed (fyi, NVMe SSD is more than enough for daily use OS). you should create spanned volume only if you need more storage for your OS because the speed of that volume will follow the slowest one of the drive. optane setting doesn't matter if you don't install the optane drive.

Hope this will help you :)

mahardikahandoko

Prominent
Apr 22, 2018
you dont need to move your OS to larger drive except you need more speed (fyi, NVMe SSD is more than enough for daily use OS). you should create spanned volume only if you need more storage for your OS because the speed of that volume will follow the slowest one of the drive. optane setting doesn't matter if you don't install the optane drive.

Hope this will help you :)

Solution