Additional HWMonitor sensors/readings.

kol12

Estimable
Jan 26, 2015
Can anyone tell why HWMonitor opens with all of these additional sensors/readings? Lot's of additional voltages and fans that I don't even have, although I have a feeling they're duplicates...

Ever since I started running HWMonitor from a standard user account it requires administrative permission to open and always opens with the additional readings. Consequently any other monitoring programs are also displaying the additional readings.

They are for some reason being initiated from somewhere somehow but I don't know where or why.

HWMonitor_additional_sensors.png

Solution
Update your motherboard's BIOS to its latest version. You could also try resetting the CMOS. Is this the latest version of HWMonitor? Usually every new version adds new things and readings but most of these are for new motherboards. Since you have an old motherboard some of those new readings are false or do not really exist. Install an older HWmonitor version. Finally this issue maybe be caused just by corrupted software. So uninstall the version you currently have, manually delete the installation folder, if it still exists, and then reinstall the software.

panathas

Estimable
Feb 12, 2014
Update your motherboard's BIOS to its latest version. You could also try resetting the CMOS. Is this the latest version of HWMonitor? Usually every new version adds new things and readings but most of these are for new motherboards. Since you have an old motherboard some of those new readings are false or do not really exist. Install an older HWmonitor version. Finally this issue maybe be caused just by corrupted software. So uninstall the version you currently have, manually delete the installation folder, if it still exists, and then reinstall the software.

Solution

kol12

Estimable
Jan 26, 2015
I'm using the most current BIOS version. I was using the most current version of HWMonitor until I was notified of version 1.30 today.

I've just downloaded the portable version of HWMonitor 1.30 and it is still showing the additional readings but only when run as a administrator. If I open it without administrator permission the readings are very limited. It might be like you say an idea to completely uninstall it.

Sometimes when I open HWMonitor it will open without the additional readings but 90% of the time it doesn't.

I occasionally got the additional readings when I used to use HWMonitor from an administrator account but it was the opposite and would open normally most of the time. It's only since moving to a standard user account that requires admin permission to open HWMonitor each time that the additional readings have always been showing.

It might have nothing to do with the accounts, clean installing the latest version should be a good start...