Adobe Acrobat 4.5

Hellsbellboy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hello, At my job I do ALOT of scanning and capturing thru Adobe Acrobate 4.5. Soon we will be getting new computers (currently have PII's) and was hoping for some suggestions on what type of Processor, speed, RAM and/or any other tips to make the process of capturing documents faster. I'm scanning about 2000 pages a day and trying to get the capturing process down because that takes the longest. The documents I scan are lab reports and have to be captured accurately. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

G

Whats your budget? Does the place you work for has some kind of arrangement with a vendor? Id say.. about 600Mhz on a processor should be more than enough.. and much has to do with the scanner.. if you want it to be fast.. it has to be top of the line, even if it costs more than the whole computer.. =) The price for speed (not including OCing).

/---------------------------------------/
Be and let others be as well!
<b>The Dark-Knight</b>

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Yes go for the SCSI. I have an IDE scanner and my whole system freezes during the scan process and I use Photoshop. I am not sure if this is the cause or my slow CPU, Celeron 500. Right now I hate scanning.

Hellsbellboy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The budget is basically bottomless. We decided on P3 600MHZ with 512MHZ of RDRAM and the scanner is way more then the 4 PC's we are buying. Currently going to be using WindowsNT till the company moves over to Windows2000.