Adobe Adds 3D Printing Functions To Photoshop CC

Status
Not open for further replies.

paradigital

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2007
Users have been able to work with 3D objects in Photoshop CC for years? Photoshop CC is 7 months old! Seriously "Tom's", what exactly do you do when writing an article? Find the most misinformed "source" in the world and take their "story" verbatim?Also, what's going on with the retarded way the site now adds articles to the bottom of each page? It makes the action of the browser's back button that sporadic you have no way of knowing how many clicks will actually take you back a page! Do your "Devs" not test anything before release?

Jess Castro

Honorable
Jun 1, 2013
Yeah I also hate the new never ending story layout scroll thing. Aside from that photoshop is a pretty awful program to design 3d objects in. Maybe importing an existing obj etc and being able to smoothly paint it in photoshop would be easier on texturing..but i haven't bothered to try that yet.

reactive

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
What sort of fool uses Photoshop for 3D work? It is not a 3D design program, and Adobe should stop pretending it has any place in a 3D workflow. But here they go again, trying to jump on the latest bandwagon by loading yet more horrible bloat into their obscenely over priced, creaky old product. If you want to do 3D work, use Blender - it doesn't cost anything. That's right Adobe - IT'S FREE!

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
While photoshop is the best for image editing, it sucks for 3D, the controls are just lacking, and the controls are not intuitive. even with basic manipulation of the 3D object, it is annoying on photoshop. I cannot see someone using it for much 3D work.

biggestinsect

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
Unless Adobe did something incredible to overhaul 3D in PS since CS 6 this is total nonsense. I use 3D Max and have used a lot of other 3d apps over the years, Bender, Maya, Solidworks.... Photoshop isn't at the bottom; it's not on the list. Best for 2d stuff of course.

biggestinsect

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
Unless Adobe did something incredible to overhaul 3D in PS since CS 6 this is total nonsense. I use 3D Max and have used a lot of other 3d apps over the years, Blender, Maya, Solidworks.... Photoshop isn't at the bottom; it's not on the list. Best for 2d stuff of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.