Advice for what to get

Secretspy43

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
Recently I've been interested in getting a computer. I don't know exactly why yet, but i'm 2 years away before graduating high school ( yeah i'm only 16 ) and have no idea what im going to do but its going to be something with electronics/computers/software etc... So i want to get a good computer for the future ( hoping specs to be decent for 3 years ) and in the meantime maybe i can play some games or something on it.

What im currently looking at for my budget ( up to 850 dollars ) is..

i7 2630 Quad

540m 1GB

6Gb Ram ( Upgradable to 8GB )

15.6inch

Its a ASUS and comes with some neat Asus software and has USB 3.0 which is nice for the price ( 769.99 )

I don't know if this will be good enough for the future. I know gaming wise the graphics card will last for releases till 2013, if only on low settings ( I think ) I'm probably even more interested in editing and things of that nature, i always thought animating would be fun to do so would i be able to that and 3D modeling? ( i have no idea of specific programs for these )

How are the specs for the laptop? Will they be good for 3 years? Can i do stuff like the things i mentioned? Is there a better laptop with better specs in my price range? Is there some un-resistable far more decent speced laptop thats only a little over my budget?

Im getting a laptop March/April maybe. Is that when old module laptops go down in price.

Please help any advice from anybody is much appreciated and if i forgot some information that you want to know ask.